We are available Monday thru Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Debbie’s Sewing and Interiors welcomes you to our website. We provide superior design expertise and a passion with which we create tastefully designed interiors in a variety of traditional, eclectic and contemporary styles. Debbie’s Sewing and Interiors is all about what its name implies – artfully designed interiors. Our design style is nothing less and nothing more than a collaborative effort between the client and the designer. The client’s requirements and wishes combined with our unique vision and artistic creativity is always equal to a one of a kind design.
Follow Us On Instagram :
When Selecting an Interior Decorator
- When you select a designer, choose one who has a similar decorating and design style as yours. This way you’ll know you both are heading in the same direction.
- Always ask to view each decorator’s portfolio. A Professional decorator/designer should be more than happy to share and show their accomplishiments.If you like the room in a photograph, ask them how much it cost to decorate/design.
- Always ask for references during the interview. And call the references for your top two pr three sections.
- Contact the Better Business Bureau.If the decorator/designer is registered with them, you’ll be able to find out about customer complaints.
- A good designer/decorator should be a good listener. You should feel comfortable that you vision is not being replaced by the designer’s/decorator’s vision.
- Before you meet with the designer/decorator, gather your magazines picture, and favric, carpet, or other samples. This will help jumpstart the conversation and ensure that he/she sees your vision.
- Discuss up-front the decorator or interior designer payment method. Let them know the amount of your budget. Are looking to save money, then ask what you can do to keep cost down.
- Determine how the decorators/designers will bill you. Do they charge by the hour, day, or project? Some may ask for a percentage mark-up on furniture that they are will be purchasing from retailers on your behalf at their wholesale prices.